Today my Madeline turns two years old...where oh where has the time gone?! I can't believe it has been two whole years since the day she made me a mama. I can't believe it has been two whole years since she changed my life forever in the most amazing way possible. I thought it would be fun to share a few little facts about Madeline today :)
1. Madeline is growing so fast! I feel like she is getting taller and taller every single day! She is my beautiful baby girl.
2. I wish you all could see just how sweet and happy her personality is. It warms my heart each and every day. From the funny things she says to the absolute sweetest little things she does, her little demeanor never fails to make my giggle and smile. And oh my goodness, her little laugh! As you can see from her pictures above, it's definitely contagious :)
3. She absolutely loves to sing! She's always singing something...from "The Wheels On The Bus Go Round and Round" to "Bingo," she seems to know the words to just about every little song she listens to these days. It cracks me up when she is listening to a song and has no idea of the words, but tries to sing along with them anyway haha.
4. It thrills my heart like no other to see her awareness of the Lord at such a young age. I pray everyday that she will not only grow to have a deep love for Jesus and a relationship so close to him, but that she will also know just how much he loves her! I have been singing "Jesus Loves Me" to her from the time she was in my tummy, and it warms my heart to hear her sing along with me now. It is my absolute favorite song to hear her sing! She will bring me her little Bible and sit down to read it like Mama. She will find my Bible and say "Mama's" and look at hers and say "Baby's." She always has to say "amen" at the end of every prayer. It has come to be her little "to-do" every time we pray :)
5. This girl also loves to dance! She loves to play basketball. She loves dinosaurs! She adores Peppa Pig. She loves animals and especially cute and fluffy ones :) She loves her puppy sister Jaycee (even though Jaycee still doesn't quite get the memo). She's obsessed with firetrucks! She has also started to love dolls. I recently pulled out some of my old ones for her, and she loves to play with them. I also love to see her reenact our daily routines with the "dollies" in their house. She loves to swing (she could seriously swing all day). And she also loves the pool!
6. A few things she loves to eat...she absolutely loves fruit and could eat it all day every day (especially grapes, strawberries and bananas). Although she is quite the picky eater, she does like a lot of cheese...mac & cheese, grilled cheese, cheese quesadilla, cheese pizza. She loves my spaghetti. And she especially loves popsicles (or "Ice Lollies" as she calls them. Thanks, Peppa Pig haha). And she also loves her broccoli.
7. She is learning things at such a fast pace. I am amazed daily on what she picks up just from watching me and doing our activities on a daily basis. Seriously, the things she comes out with! She is constantly saying "Oh Dear" to everything (Thanks once again, Peppa Pig haha). She loves to count and can count to ten (however, there is always ten of everything in her little mind). Also, everything that I have these days, she has to have too. If I have a hat, she wants to know where her hat is. If I'm wearing a dress, she wants to wear one too! It makes coordinating our outfits even more fun :)
8. Her fun loving spirit and adventurous little mind are what keeps my world going round. She makes life so fun and is always excited to do anything (and I mean anything! This girl is not afraid to try anything!).
I could go on talking about her all day long, but I know this list has to end somewhere. I'm going to end this post with a few words to my Madeline:
My Sweet Madeline. Oh how you made me a better person from the day you entered into my life. You sure do make life busy, but you have made my heart grow and have filled it with a love I never knew existed. You are my heart, my whole world. Our days together are so special, just because I get to be with you. Never loose your sweet, adventurous spirit! Always remember how much your mama loves you, but always always remember just how much Jesus loves you as well. Always keep your laugh and smile that can light up a room. Never stop being so affectionate. I thank the Lord for you each and every day and for making me your mama, the most amazing and special part of my life! I love you more than words could ever tell and can't believe you are two! Happy birthday, my precious baby girl.
We have a busy, fun day planned full of celebrations!
Hope y'all have a great weekend!